Exercise of the Month – Alternating V Ups
A variety to the traditional V-Up exercise, the alternating movement will target both the muscles in your abdominals and the obliques. This is a great exercise to include as part of a core workout or in a circuit based sessions.
This exercise is an advanced movement and would not be recommended to beginners. You could attempt the movement with your legs bent and bringing your hand to knees instead of to feet when legs are extended to get a similar effect.
1. Lay on your back on a mat with your arms extended above your head and legs straight.
2. Draw your shoulders and upper back off the floor, whilst raising your left leg.
3. Bring your right hand over to meet your left foot at the top of the movement before lowering to the start position.
4. Repeat the movement but this time bring your left hand over to meet your right foot.
5. Alternate between opposing arms and legs for the desired number of repetitions.