Exercise and Wellness Away from the Gym
Personal Touch Fitness has long since recognised the importance of our clients’ employees not only exercising in the workplace but also advocating a fitness regime whilst away from the office.
We have developed an exercise routine that can be completed by all at home or whilst travelling. This mini wellness program has no need for a fitness facility. Just by using your bodyweight and a few props found in most rooms you can exercise all your major muscle groups. If you are in your hotel room you won’t even need fitness clothing or trainers.
There are many benefits to seeking out a proper fitness facility whether this is at work or whilst travelling. Many people enjoy the physical and mental break gained by escaping to the gym.
At PTF, we believe you can keep fit and healthy by maintaining a regular exercise routine no matter where you are. Combine this with a healthy balanced diet and you should be on the way to a more energetic and fulfilling lifestyle.
Staying Healthy on the Go
Travel, hotels and business dinners don’t have to get in the way of your goals
Operating corporate fitness centres has helped Personal Touch Fitness understand members in this environment. Long days out of the office and business travel, both domestic and international, are often an obstacle to members achieving their fitness goals.
Here are some tips when travelling to help you stay on top of your health regime and ensure you are not sacrificing your hard efforts each time you go away.
- Plan in advance – if you know you are going to be away from the gym and your normal activities for a duration, try and fit additional sessions in before going or ensuring you have the time when back
- Train when away – if your hotel has a gym, utilise that to train in. Alternatively you can train in your hotel room with our easy to do workout or simply pack your trainers and go for a run. Here is some great running advice to get you started
- Retain your strength and flexibility with an easy guide to download and use
- Make sensible choices during business meals – commonly when away you will go for dinner and consume more than normal. You can still control portion sizes with your hand: red meat should be no bigger than the size of your fist; chicken, the palm of your hand; carbs, the cup of your hand; and three fingers wrapped around a glass should be your serving of wine. If there’s a lot of drinking, then try avoiding dessert
- Remember the importance of sleep – when you book flights ensure these allow you to sleep (especially on long-haul) or maintain your regular pattern. This should aid resuming a normal routine once back